Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Being Pregnant



Yes, I am pregnant…at the moment 35 weeks…and what a journey it has been. We found out on Obama day, the day of the inauguration. There was much to celebrate. After a few months of disappointment, seeing the two lines, faint as they were, was like a miracle. I have been blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy (sorry Melissa!) I mean, I definitely have smell aversions, I am more tired than usual, and don’t move as fast, and life does not stop for the weary! But I have been blessed with amazing family and friends who have supported me, checked in on me, and in some cases act more excited than I am with new news! The best part is feeling the baby move…knowing that there is someone inside of me, feeling what I feel, eating what I eat…and can communicate with me in her own little way is amazing.
The second best part is experiencing this with John. His face when he first felt the baby move was priceless. He claims his desire to be “extremely to overbearingly” involved with the birthing process is as comforting as it is amusing (and slightly frightening!). I know that he will be a great father, and that my daughter to be will be a daddy’s girl. How could she not be? I am sure in the coming weeks I will become more uncomfortable and irritable, but for now, I am thankful for this experience…and excited for what it will bring in just a few weeks!

3 comments:

Teach said...

You are the least irritable preggo I have ever met! FYI...irritable is one of my kiddos' words for the week:)

gutzville said...

You are the best pregnant woman ever, and I know you will be the best mommy as well.

Teach said...

Interesting that this post was made exactly one month before Baby G arrived!